Friday 11 July 2014

Scrapbooking With A Pattern Story

We're so nearly ready to go on holiday here that it's getting more and more difficult to remember exam time. Funny how that happens, because when you're right in the middle of it..you really are right in the middle of it. All a Mum can do is provide snacks and cheery smiles and ramble endlessly about getting fresh air and early nights. Through May and June, on Sunday evenings as Monday mornings grew closer, we got into the habit of piling into the car and going for a distracting drive. You know, out for a bit and home in time for Fargo? 

From High In The Sky scrapbooking with patterns for Get It Scrapped

One night we discovered an icecream shop still open late in the evening; another, we came across a little knot of houses wrapped round a river we didn't know was there; and once, we took photos of cows, because it seemed like fun at the time


So, I made a page. Round about the same time Get It Scrapped asked me for a layout which "pushed my pattern story", made me think about the patterns I turned to most often. That would be neat polka dots, then, and little florals; and so, instead of using one as a background, I chose to chop my patterns up and spread them across my page


Another job for the Slice. And for the veneer animals. I'll be sorry when I've finished the packet, though they do seem to last and last. Patterns, then: what's your story? You can find more ideas over at Get It Scrapped's article How To Push Your Scrapbook Page Pattern Story

16 comments:

doris sander said...

charming!

Nathalie said...

You do have a certain pattern story and i love it! This page reminded me of similar photos i took and never scrapped, now I might ;) Have a fantastic trip Sian and family!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I'm happy for it to be a distant memory. It will come around again all too soon! Your paper patter story is pretty much the same as my fabric pattern story. Have a wonderful and restful holiday xx

Carmen said...

I love that your pages always look so simple. Then you look again and notice something different each time - the row of animals at the top, the weathervane, the grass green ribbon at the bottom with the piggywig. Love this one! ...But then I love them all ;)

Lou said...

This is my new fave layout sian, I love the patterns, the big title and those cows. Have a super trip x

Sheena said...

Love the big title & veneers.
have a fabulous trip xxx

Mel said...

Love the idea of the Sunday drive and the layout too. The wood veneer animals are very cute. I too am a fan of polka dot and stripes too.

scrappyjacky said...

Those wood veneers finish a lovely page perfectly.

Amy said...

Oh gosh, we'll be in exam territory sooner than I wish ... I remember my mum chanting the same things - I suppose I'll do it as well!

Alison said...

You just brought back memories of Sunday drives when I was young....we all clambered into the car and either went to the seaside or out into the country...lovely page and thanks for jogging those memories!
Alison xx

Karen said...

This is just perfection! I don't know what I like the best; it's all so perfect together, but I do love that title! The story reminded me of Sunday drives after church when I was a little girl growing up on the prairie in Kansas. Once we moved to Ohio, the drives were discontinued. I wonder why?

Sandra said...

How lovely you've been taking them out and about. And what lovely finds that you've enjoyed. I'm always in awe of your scrapping, please pass some of your creativity on to me :)

Missus Wookie said...

Oh this is lovely - I like the title and strips of pattern.

Fresh air is one of my reminders - I'm sitting outside reading blogs which counts right? ;)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story of helping your student survive exams. I'm not sure we have quite the equivalent in the U.S.--they do sound grueling.

Anyway, I love the flowered background and the various embellishments, especially the weather vane. Well done!

Sinead said...

I know I'm very late commenting on this Sian but I had to say how much I love this page!
Hope you are having a lovely holiday and thanks again for organising the postcard swap - I've received four so far and it's great fun :) X

Anonymous said...

I miss those Sunday drives in the country we used to take. It seems now that we have to drive too far to get out in the country. Great looking layout and I like how you used pattern papers in your title.

Related Posts with Thumbnails